The SpyFinder hidden camera detector & locator is the most reliable and easy to use technology on the market for making sure that your private actions are not being watched. Its function is based on the principle of optical augmentation. This technical jargon refers to the phenomenon where light reflected from a focused optical system, such as a video camera, is reflected along the same path as the incident light. This means that if a hidden camera is illuminated and viewed with the SpyFinder technology, then a strong reflection from the target camera will reveal its position to the user.
The SpyFinder exploits this phenomenon by using a ring of ultra-bright LEDs arranged around a viewing port. When a user scans a room looking through the viewing port, a hidden camera appearing in the field of view will brightly reflect the light from the LEDs.
- The best way to use this device is to place the LED Strobe side of the unit away from you and towards the area of the room you are searching cameras for. (Be sure to avoid aiming strobing lights towards your face and eyes as any bright light should never be shined directly into the eye for fear of temporary or permanent blindness.)
- Stand about 3 to 9 feet (1 to 3 meters) from the wall or object you are examining . You can get closer once you identify a strobing effect coming from the object you are viewing. Note that this strobing effect will be very obvious when looking at a hidden camera as compared to a simple benign (no camera) hole in the wall or object.
- Be sure to comb the walls and objects carefully and study any opening for the strobing effect.
- In many cases, you can report hidden cameras to the police if this is installed in your home or apartment without your consent. You may also never install hidden cameras in bedrooms, washrooms, locker rooms, changing areas or anywhere you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Detects most pinhole, board sized and standard camera lens.*
- Battery Powered
- 6 Powerful Red LED Lights
- View Finder
- Power ButtonDO NOT LOOK INTO STROBING LED LIGHTS AS IT MAY CAUSE TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT EYE DAMAGE
*Some lenses behind tinted plastic or glass common in LCD displays may also contain cameras that are not as easily detected. You may need to get closer to the device or attempt to physically examine any device with tinted glass or plastic in order to verify its purpose.
Q: What type of device(s) will this unit detect?
A: This device will detect hardwired cameras.
Q: How far can this device detect hard wired cameras?
A: This device can detect cameras up to 30’.
- Additional Information
model-number SF-103 pdf-link 2183manual.pdf availability Usually ships the same business day
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $119.99
Special Price $79.99