Requires $39.99 Activation Fee plus monthly service to track.
- Fastest real-time location updates within 3-seconds
- Unlimited usage and historical GPS data
- User friendly SilverCloud Online GPS tracking Software.
- Precise GPS location within 2.5m
- Multiple accessories available for different applications such as fleet management, law enforcement and personal tracking
Multiple data plans available with no contract plus a one time activation fee of $39.99. Visit landairsea.com for account registration.
You must add this activation fee to your order by clicking the link below. Units ordered without activation will not be processed.
SilverCloud GPS Device Activation
- Dimensions: Length: 3.90 inches x Width: 2.26 inches x Height: 0.90 inches
- Operating Tempterature: -22˚F to 158˚F / -30˚C to 70˚C
- Power Source: 3.7 Volt, 1340 mAh rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, wall charger and USB charging cable
Optional Accessories: -12 Volt Cigarette Lighter Adapter / Hardwire Kit
- Typical Full Power Current: 150 mA during transmission / Less than 1 mA at rest
- GSM Channels: 850/1900 United States / 900/1800 Europe, Australia, Asia and the Middle East
- Update Frequency: Based on Service Plan (3s / 5s / 10s / 1m)
- Antenna: Integrated Quad-Band GSM/GPRS and GPS
- Historical Playback: Unlimited historical playback stored at server
- Reporting: Individual vehicle report, enhanced vehicle report, start/stop report, mileage report and more
- Diagnostics: Blinking LED, SMS or TCP diagnostic messages
- Data Plans
Faster update rates means will yield more accurate and precise tracking data because more location points are being relayed by the device as it moves. The slower the update rates, the more gap there is between the location points, which results in less accurate tracking data. LandAirSea also offers Unlimited Data Plans, and all the tracking data is stored permanently and securely on its server for users to access via reports or for historical playback purposes.
Economy Business Professional Enterprise $29.99/month $39.99/month $49.99/month $59.99/month 1-minute Updates 10-second updates 5-second updates 3-second updates Unlimited data Receive alerts Generate reports Precision Tracking Precision Tracking Super-precise Tracking Accurate historical data
- How do I turn on the SilverCloud?
- How do I charge the SilverCloud?
- What do the lights on the SilverCloud mean and how should they behave?
First, take the battery cover off from underneath the device. There should a switch located on the top left corner of right above the battery compartment. Simply flip the switch with the battery charged to turn the device on.
Users of the SilverCloud GPS tracking system should charge the battery fully before using it for the first time (takes about 2 hours to fully charge the battery). The SilverCloud comes USB cable that attaches to the wall-charger. Both are included with the device.
The SilverCloud has 4 LED lights on the back panel of the device. When the device is turned on, the LED lights on the back panel will light up. The device should be outdoors with a clear view of the sky before checking the LED light behavior.
- Charging light: The #1 LED will display red when the device is charging. Once the device is fully charged, the light will turn off.
- Cellular Modem light: The #2 light will be green at first, then pulse a short yellow burst when the device is communicating with a cell tower. The light will then turn green again.
- GPS light: The #3 light will display as blue. It will pulse once every 3 seconds when the de- vice is attempting to acquire a fix with the GPS satellites, and then turn solid once the fix has been made. Upon turning solid blue, the device is logging GPS data.
- Power Light. The #4 light will display green once the device turned on and has sufficient power to operate. It will turn from green to yellow at 50% power, and red at 20%.
- How do I log into my SilverCloud account?
To log into your SilverCloud account, first confirm that your device is activated. Then go to LandAirSea's SilverCloud online page: www.landairsea.com/silvercloud. Enter your personal username and password in the fields indicated. If you do not remember your username and password, click on the "Lost password" link. Once you're logged in your device should show up on the mapping interface.
- How do I activate my SilverCloud device?
Upon receiving your SilverCloud GPS Tracking System, be sure that the device is fully-charged. Then go online to LandAirSea's website (www.landairsea.com) and click on the "Activate" link located on the top menu bar. The online activation form must be completed in full. Incomplete or missing information may delay the activation process. Activations will be processed during business hours only: Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm CST.
- How does the SilverCloud GPS Tracking System work?
The SilverCloud acquires data via the internal GPS module, which provides highly accurate location data. The information is then transmitted via the SIM card to cellular towers, which is them sent to LandAirSea's servers. Users are then able to access that information in real-time by logging into their personal SilverCloud online account. The speed of the location update rate will depend on the data plan selected by the user (e.g. 1-minute, 10-seconds, 5-seconds and as fast as 3-seconds).
- Where should I place the SilverCloud outside the vehicle?
We suggest placing the SilverCloud GPS tracking system where it has an unobstructed view of the sky. For external placement, we recommend installing the optional magnet mount, which also converts the SilverCloud into a water-proof device, or an optional Pelican Case, which protects it from water and small objects that might damage the device. The powerful magnet mount allows users to attach the SilverCloud underneath the vehicle and on any metal object.
- Where should I place the SilverCloud inside the vehicle?
We suggest placing the SilverCloud GPS tracking device where it has an unobstructed view of the sky (e.g. on top of the dash or center console). Although we would not recommend placing the SilverCloud underneath a seat, inside the glove compartment, or inside of the trunk, we have received numerous reports that the device still tracks well when placed in these areas.
- What should I do if my device is not updating in real-time?
Listed below are instructions to perform what's called a "power-recycle" of the SilverCloud device:
- Take off the battery cover (located underneath the device) and flip the power switch to the left, which turns the device off.
- Take out the battery and leave out for 5-10 seconds.
- Then replace battery, flip power switch back to the right turning the SilverCloud on, and replace battery cover.
- Take the device for a test drive and allow it to re-acquire a GPS signal.
- After taking the device for a test drive, log back in through our SilverCloud online site and check to see if the real-time location has updated.
- Why is my SilverCloud not updating the location?
Placement of the device is usually the main issue for why the SilverCloud does not update its location. If placing it inside the vehicle, be sure that the device has a clear, unobstructed view of the sky so that it can receive and transmit the GPS location. We do not recommend placing it underneath the seat or inside of the glove compartment. Sub-optimal cellular network coverage is also another reason for why the Silvercloud is unable to update its location. The SilverCloud comes programmed to use T-Mobile's data network; however, it can be reprogrammed to use AT&T's cellular data network. In most cases, however, we found that T-Mobile's service worked flawlessly.
- The time shown when I click on my device icon online is not correct. I'm fairly certain I chose the correct timezone. Why is the time still off?
When logged in, roll your mouse over the icon in the upper lefthand corner above the Control Panel box. Go to Advanced Options and click on Program Settings. The first option is to select your time zone. Whatever time zone you select, make sure it includes "Observes DST" in parentheses. This will ensure your device observes Daylight Savings Time. Hit "Save and Restart" and you should be all set.
- My device is currently reporting an address that is not accurate. Why is this?
Addresses for any GPS device are derived from a process called Reverse Geocoding. The device tracks a latitude and longitude geographic location and then derives an address based upon a database of addresses compiled by the government. The geographical coordinate is then mapped to the nearest known address. Addresses are determined by lot numbers from the US census, so the returned address is only good as the database from which it is derived. This is true for every GPS device on the market today. All GPS devices use this same process. So, the device may be working properly and tracking all of the right locations, but the addresses might be off by a few numbers. Based purely on latitude and longitude pairings, LandAirSea Systems GPS tracking devices are among the most accurate within the market.
- Additional Information
manufacturer LandAirSea model-number GPS800 manufacturer-part-number GPS800 availability Usually ships the same business day
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $399.99
Special Price $229.99
Regular Price: $309.00
Special Price $289.00