USB specifications limit the maximum run for USB to only 15ft. This can make placement of USB devices difficult especially in a wide area. Our USB over Cat5e/6 Extender eliminates the range limit obstacle by allow you to extend USB connection over an astounding 150ft by using cheap, economical Cat5e/6 cables. This can be especially convenient if you already have unused Ethernet cabling pre-installed in your walls.
Installation is simple. Just connect one piece to your computer or powered USB hub, the other piece to your USB peripheral device and connect a Ethernet patch cable in between. The device is self powered so there's no need to connect any power adapters.
For best performance it is recommended to use Cat6 STP cables.
- Extends the distance of a USB device from a USB-enabled computer up to 150ft.
- Ideal for use with USB cameras, printers, web cams, keyboard/mouse extensions, and any other USB device.
- Self-powered so no external power source is required.
- Uses standard Cat5/Cat5E/Cat6 patch cord (not included).
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS 9
- Mac OS 10.0
- Mac OS 10.1
- Mac OS 10.2
- Mac OS 10.3
- Mac OS 10.4
- Mac OS 10.5
- Mac OS 10.6
- Additional Information
availability Usually ships the same business day