The AXIS 240Q Video Server provides easy integration with traditional analog systems, ensuring a smooth migration toward an IP solution.
Connect up to 4 analog cameras into this video server and turn them into IP cameras.
The AXIS 240Q digitizes analog video into crisp, real-time Motion JPEG video streams at a maximum frame rate of 6/5 frames per second on each channel independent of resolution. The AXIS 240Q can connect up to four analog cameras and transmit digital video from all four channels simultaneously via an Ethernet connection.
Flexibility and scalability
See AXIS Rack SolutionCombining your analog camera investments with a network video solution gives you a flexible and cost-effective solution with plenty of room for growth. With an open standard interface, the AXIS 240Q supports a large base of existing applications and integrate easily with new ones.
Easy joystick control
Read more: AXIS 295 Advanced event handling The AXIS 240Q offers advanced event handling with video motion detection, I/O control and alarm notification. Pan/tilt/zoom cameras may be connected to the unit's serial port and are easily controlled from a user interface.
Advanced network security
A comprehensive set of security features, including multiple user access levels, HTTPS encryption, possibility to disable unused network services for example ftp, IEEE802.1X and IP address filtering, ensures secure video handling and configuration. In addition, the AXIS 240Q has support for Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network.
Support for PTZ and dome cameras
All Axis video encoders connect to analog pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras to allow for easy operation of these PTZ cameras across the IP network. Axis' open policy ensures simple and fast integration with most analog PTZ cameras on the market by including software drivers for more than 25 different analog cameras, including products from American Dynamics, Bosch, Canon, Panasonic, Pelco, Philips, Samsung, Sensormatic and Sony.
More features High quality Motion JPEG video at 6 (NTSC) or 5 (PAL) frames per second per channel Built-in motion detection and powerful event management Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications
For the complete specifications, please refer to the specifications below.
This unit is compatible with the Chicago Police Department video security program.
- Models: AXIS 240Q: Four port Video Server Also available as blade version for Video Rack Solution
- Video Compression: Motion JPEG
- Resolutions 160x120 to 704x576
- Frame rate Motion JPEG: Up to 6/5 (NTSC/PAL) fps
- Video streaming Motion JPEG: Controllable frame rate and bandwidth
- Image settings: -Compression, color, rotation, aspect ratio correction -Text and image overlay -Privacy mask -De-interlace filter
- Network Security -Password protection -IP address filtering -HTTPS encryption -IEEE 802.1X network access control
- Supported protocols: IPv4/v6, HTTP, HTTPS, QoS layer 3 DiffServ, FTP, SMTP, Bonjour, UPnP, SNMPv1/v2c/v3(MIB-II), DNS, DynDNS, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DHCP, ARP, SOCKS System integration
- Application Programming Interface: Open API for software integration, including VAPIX® from Axis Communications available at www.axis.com
- Intelligent video: Video motion detection
- Alarm triggers: Intelligent video, external input
- Alarm events: -File upload via FTP -HTTP and email -Notification via email, HTTP and TCP -External output activation
- Video buffer 3 MB pre- and post-alarm per channel
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom: -Wide range of analog PTZ cameras supported (drivers available for download at www.axis.com) -20 presets/camera, guard tour, PTZ control queue -Supports Windows compatible joysticks General
- Casing Metal
- Processors and memory: ETRAX 100LX, ARTPEC-2, 32 MB RAM, 8 MB Flash
- Power 7 20 V DC, max 8 W
- Connectors: -Analog composite video NTSC/PAL auto-sensing: -4 BNC inputs -RJ-45 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX -Terminal block: I/O terminal block for four configurable inputs/outputs RS-485/ RS-422 D-sub for RS-232 port
- Operating Conditions: 5 50 °C (41 122 °F)
- Humidity 20 80% RH (non-condensing)
- Approvals: EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, EN 55024, FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B, ICES-003 Class B, VCCI Class B, C-tick AS/NZS CISPR 22, EN 60950-1
- Power supply: EN 60950-1, UL, cUL
- Weight 540 g (1.2 lb.)
- Included accessories: Power supply, mounting and connector kits, Installation Guide, CD with installation and management tools, software and Users Manual, 1 Windows decoder user license.
- Optional accessories AXIS Rack Solution AXIS
- Additional Information
manufacturer Axis pdf-link /lib/yhst-13387695532180/axis240qmanual.pdf availability Usually ships the same business day